Monday, 25 February 2013

21st Restaurant Round Up. Rhodes at the Dome.

Last night my boyfriend and I went to Rhodes at the Dome, it is a new restaurant in Plymouth by Gary Rhodes.



It is in a beautiful location by the lighthouse over looking the sea.

You walk into the bar area which is a great space with a fantastic dome ceiling. The bar area then leads to the restaurant.
At this point I will say one thing, the flooring is very slippy! I wore heels and felt like Bambi on ice taking very small steps to avoid embarrassment. However over the course of the evening I saw some women who were not so lucky. As the restaurant is new I'm sure this issue will be sorted as I saw most women have varying degrees of issue with the floor.

We were taken to our table by a really lovely lady who made us feel very welcome. The restaurant is nice and open and really uses it's location well.

While looking over the menu we had some bread and butter. I opted for a raspberry Bellini and Max had a beer, which he said made it into his top three favorite beers, so a good start!

To start with I chose The monkfish sliders. I thought it sounded really different and when they arrived I was not disappointed! They were so tasty and really well presented. Max had the risotto with scallops, which again tasted great and was well presented.



For mains I went for the Parma ham wrapped haddock and Max had the pork belly. These come with vegetables and potatoes to share, a really nice touch for a high end restaurant, as so often portions can be on the smaller side. The haddock was good, but Max's pork belly was amazing!
However we were in the mood of 'go big or go home.' So also got an iceberg lecture wedge with bacon and blue cheese and triple cooked chips. Both delicious.



For dessert I had tiramisu bockerglory, a nice twist on a traditional tiramisu. Max had lemon tart that was perfectly cooked. 



We then went back through to the bar while we waited for our taxi. I had a pretty women, a mix of grand mariner, cranberry juice, topped up with processo. Max had another beer.

Overall it was a really fab evening, one of my favorite restaurants in Plymouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment