Saturday, 23 February 2013

21st Restaurant Round up. Tanners.

For my 21st I went to quite a few restaurants over that week and still have one very exciting one to go to next Sunday but, I thought I would tell you about the ones I have been to this week.

It all started with Tanners last Wednesday. I went with four of my friends from university and it was really great! I made some cocktails to start from a previous post. We then jumped in a cab and arrived at Tanners. It is a lovely old building tucked out the way in the centre of  town. When we arrived we were greeted and taken to our table.
Image from tannersrestaurant.com

I really liked the styling of the restaurant with its big wooden tables exposed brickwork. I felt that the place exudes quality without being stuffy. This is the same with the staff professional and informative but in no way stuffy, which I feel can sometime be a challenge when it comes to more high end restaurants.

We started with some bread and a glass of processo while we looked over the menu. To start I had crab while the others had a goats cheese and beetroot salad or parsnip soup.


Crab Starter.

Goats Cheese and Beetroot Salad Starter. 

For mains, two of the girls had steak and two of the girls had a smoked potato raviolo with a duck egg in the middle which they said was amazing and a great vegetarian option. I had haddock with spring greens which was great. (didn't take any photos just tucked in!).

For pudding we all apart from one had the eight textures of chocolate which was amazing. My friend that didn't have the chocolate had the creme brulee which again looked fabulous. When the chocolate dessert came there was an added element of theatre as the waitress poured a hot chocolate sauce onto the middle of the dessert and the middle started to melt!


Eight Textures of Chocolate. 
Overall it was a great evening I would really recommend it to anyone who is in the South West and looking for somewhere special to go. It was a great start to the week!



My Dress: French Connection, Blazer: H&M, Bag: Longchamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment