Saturday, 30 March 2013

Babylon, Kensington Roof Gardens.

For the last part of my 21st my friends from home and I went to Babylon at Kensington Roof Gardens, just off the high street on Monday evening.
I had been here once before in the summer and it was gorgeous we sat outside on the balcony and had a delicious lunch, so I booked it for my birthday hoping that it would be like last year and the weather would be nice... I was wrong. It was freezing so we gave the gardens a miss. But they have flamingos and different themed gardens. A really nice addition to the restaurant.

To start with we had cocktails in the bar area, while we waited for the other taxi to arrive.
These ones below are vanilla passion, a mix of vanilla vodka, passion fruit and citrus flavours. Drink these and forget about the weather!


Everyone else had these babies! Tudor crush, I had it in the summer when I went so recommended it to my friends. It is a dangerous mix of berries and gin, I could drink a few of these no problem.


While ordering bread is put on the table and there is a great variety and it is all lovely and warm, They also topped up the bread which I thought was a nice touch. Some of the breads on offer included an onion bread, sough dough, potato bread and a wholemeal one. 

To start most of my friends had risotto. It was garlicky! The smell when the all arrived was very strong. Soo this one is for garlic lovers only!


I had goat's cheese that had been fried, served with beetroot and apple. It was delicious I love goat's cheese!


For mains two of my friends got the beef and I was very jealous it looked so comforting! really creamy mash and beef that you could pull apart served with spring baby veg.


I had the halibut and so did most of the girls. I switched the rice that was meant to come with it for the baby veg as I thought I would get too full otherwise and my dress was already a little snug. The black on the plate was squid ink as the pasta had squid in it and I really liked the idea of brushing it on the plate. It was a nice thick piece of halibut cooked perfectly.


For dessert I had this below, I chose wrong I didn't like it. I'll  be honest no one liked it. The waitress described it as apricot panna cotta with lime cream on a milk chocolate base oh and it had peanuts in between the apricot cream and the sponge... Lime and apricot in my opinion after eating this, defiantly don't go together! They also don't go with peanuts either. 


This however was delicious, however they called it hazelnut sponge in the middle. Well it was not sponge but it was a hazelnut mouse with very, very thin bits of sponge in the middle and a lovely chocolate sauce on the top!  


After we had finished our meal the waitress brought out a plate with a cone of ice cream and a candle in it with happy birthday on the plate. The cone also comes with the hazelnut sponge, yum. 
Overall I will defiantly go back to the restaurant, but I would say it is more of a summertime venue. 




No comments:

Post a Comment