Monday, 25 March 2013

Bubbledogs & Laduree.

Bubbledogs is a fairly new restaurant in London serving up the unlikely combo of hot dogs and champagne. I went Saturday lunchtime. 
I had seen on TripAdvisor about customers having to sometimes wait to get a seat, I will not be one of those people so we headed down to 70 Charlotte ST. for their opening time 11.30 to avoid disappointment. 

When we got there the place started to fill up so I would recommend having an early lunch if you want a more relaxed atmosphere as in busier times you would have to share a table if your party did not fill it. 



To start we ordered drinks, Max had a coke, came in a bottle. Bonus. 
I had a glass of rose champagne... it's never too early for champagne.

They also brought over glasses of water when we arrived which I really like in restaurants, as I hate having to ask. 

I ordered the fourth of July hot dog, a bacon wrapped hot dog with a spicy, smokey BBQ sauce and coleslaw. I was torn between this one and the Jose as I love Mexican food at the mo, I asked the waiter what he suggested and he told me to fourth of July straight away, so thought it must have been good. It was the right choice. I have only had a hot dog once before so wasn't sure what it would be like, but I really liked it!



Max had the buffalo dog, a deep fried hot dog with blue cheese, pickled celery, celery seeds and buffalo sauce. He said it was really great and loved the buffalo sauce. 

We also got two sides to share, both amazing. Sweet potato fries mixing the salty and the sweet and tots, crispy fried outsides with a hash brown texture inside. Tasty! 

Overall I really liked it there and would go back especially if I was in the Oxford Street area as it is only a 5 min walk away and places round Oxford Street can get so busy! It is a really chilled out environment with friendly helpful staff offering a fun twist on a bite to eat.
Oh and Pippa Middleton was seen there the other night if that makes you more inclined to go. 

After this we walked around London coincidentally in the vicinity of the Laduree in Burlington Arcade.
Well I needed a pudding so thought 8 macaroons and a hot chocolate would just about fill that gap nicely. 



Really recommend the strawberry candy, salted caramel and the green apple! Oh and the hot chocolate is so ridiculously good! It's just the socially acceptable way of drinking chocolate sauce. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment