Sunday, 2 February 2014

Two Litres A Day.

At school I would probably drink one glass of water with lunch and that would be it until I got home... bad I know but I never used to feel thirsty so just never bothered.


At college diet coke found me and I just started drinking more and more of it, this continued through uni too.
So 180 days ago I gave up fizzy drinks... there have been two relapses during this time one was New Year's Day and that diet coke was amazing don't regret it for a minute! But other than that I really don't miss it.


This has made me drink so much more water it's pretty much all I drink now as I have also tried to cut out caffeine and now only have around one coffee a week.

I now try and make sure I drink two litres a day just by having a bottle of water with me all the time. If there is water around I will drink it, but if I don't have a bottle with me I don't really think to drink. This is my biggest tip if you are trying to drink more water.


My other tips are:
Always order a jug of water for the table when you eat out, if it's there you will drink it.

Aim to drink one litre before lunch and then one after this gives you a target and helps you know how much you are drinking.

Keep a bottle of water in the fridge it tastes better I think. 

I don't know if I have noticed the health benefits of drinking more water, as I have been trying to lead a healthier lifestyle in general so I think for me it is a combination of things.
But I have noticed now I get thirsty which never used to happen which I think shows just how dehydrated I used to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment