Saturday, 22 March 2014

Prawn and Quinoa Salad.

 This was a quick dinner on Sunday that I thought I would share. 



First chop up some tomato about a handful for each person, I was cooking for three. I then added half a red onion and a small bunch of coriander. Mix this up with the juice of half a lime. Leave this to one side the lime juice will reduce the harshness of the red onion.
Then cook some quinoa around 35g per person, rinse it through first under cold water using a sieve. Then add the 1 part quinoa to 5 parts water and cook for around 20 minutes. 



 While the quinoa is cooking, boil two cobs of corn for around 8 minutes and then cut the corn off the cob. I also mashed up an avocado with the juice of a quarter of a lime. 


 When the quinoa is nearly cooked it is time to fry the prawns. I used coconut oil. 



Cook until they are just all pink so as not to overcook them. 



While they cook quickly plate up the rest, quinoa first then tomato salad and corn. then add a dollop of the avocado on top. 



Before adding the prawns to the salad I added a final spritz of lime.




3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, I will definitely be trying this out! Thanks for sharing :)
    Carrie xxx
    carriebrighton

    ReplyDelete